Friday, April 25, 2014

Welcome to The Arcade Grandmaster!

Hey there everyone, welcome to my new blog! I want to kick this off with an Introductory post that explains who I am, and what this blog is all about.

So lets start with me. My name is John aka: The Arcade Grandmaster, and my biggest hobby is, you guessed it, arcade games. I am what people call an "Advantage Player" which means I play arcade games that favor skill over chance, and use my skills to my advantage. I know what you may be thinking "Aren't arcade games rigged?" and the answer to that is they usually are. However some games actually aren't rigged, and some Advantage players use that to make some good profit off arcade games by winning high ticket Items such as Ipads, Video games, etc and selling them for profit. Now before you go blow you're next paycheck at an arcade, let me pop your bubble by saying that there isn't a whole lot of profit to be made these days. And it takes a very long time to get good enough at these games to the point where you can make money off them. So please do not follow my blog if you're intention is to quit your day job and be a professional arcade junkie.

Back to me, I use my skills mainly to get things such as video games, electronics, etc for much cheaper then buying from a store. And I intend to post plenty of guides to teach how to do the same. However, the ultimate reason I do all of this is because I simply enjoy arcades. I've been playing and studying arcade games my entire life, ever since my first trip to a Dave and Busters. Even if I wasn't getting some cool stuff for cheap, I would probably still play just as much as I do now, simply because its fun. In reality I would honestly rather pay 100$ for a 60$ game at an arcade, because I get to have much more fun that way, and create some good memories too.

As for the future, my dream is to actually own my own Arcade/Fun center one day, and do things differently then other places. To create a place that people don't have to spend much to have a great time, and a place where employees are happy and take pride in their work. Of course I'm 20 years old, and just now starting school, so this dream is a long way off, but I hope to make it a reality some day. Until then, I'll be blogging about my passion, which is arcade games!

Thanks for checking out my blog, if you like what you see please check back often for more updates! Who knows, you might learn a thing or two and become an arcade master yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment